Why Should My Website be Responsive?
What is a responsive website?
It is a website that responds or adapts to the size of the device that a person is using to view it. This means that the design of the site, the layout of the content and even the content itself might change so that it can be viewed in the best manner for the size and orientation of the devices. Below is an example of a client's website and how it changes based on the device being used:
What can a responsive site do for me?
Mobile usage is exploding
- Mobile internet usage is projected to overtake desktop usage by 2014
- 90% of users move between all their devices to when using a site to accomplish a goal
It is good for SEO
- Google loves responsive websites :)
- Helps decrease high mobile user bounce rates which improves your rankings
- You don’t have to worry about duplicate content issues because you maintain a separate mobile site.
- Google ranks sites optimized for mobile higher in mobile searches
Adapts to future devices better
- You don’t know what awesome devices companies will come out with in the future and a well built responsive site can adapt to any screen size.
Better user experience leads to better conversion
- 67% of users are more likely to buy product or use a service on a mobile-friendly site while browsing on a mobile device
- Better user experience leads to better search engine rankings
Easier to manage content
- You don’t have multiple CMS control panels to log into to manage content for you mobile site and then another to log into for you desktop site.
- Keeping your content in one place will stop your content from getting out of sync between the different sites too.
Everyone else is doing it. ;)
Tags:seo responsive Web Development Web Design